09 November 2010

The Project Has Ended

I just noticed (has anyone else?) that I haven't posted here since May. That's a long time. What's going on? Well, a couple of things. One simple explanation is that I've been taking paid work as a writer, and that tends to reduce the energy I have for this kind of creative outlet. But probably more significant: I think the project is finished. I'm sure I could keep writing: that is to say that there is no shortage of source material. But I think it's time to direct my energy to other things.

When I began the (Low) Tech Writer experiment, I was in crisis in my work life and asking deep questions about how the world worked. Many of these essays were written to explore this territory, even if I always stopped short of making the connection between these subjects and the details of my life.

Partly through the writing of these essays, I have come to the Far End Of The Crisis and now can write/talk/live with much more clarity. Other projects beckon.

I loved being the (low) tech writer. Maybe I'll return to it one day ... after the robot revolution, when we'll really need good social commentary.

Thanks for reading!

Dave

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, the terrain has been been an awesome adventure. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're still writing, but sad to see the low tech subject go. I'd love to see all your thoughts in book form someday. Mike

    ReplyDelete